Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above:
- Shopify - we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics - we also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- MailChimp - we use MailChimp as a platform to communicate with our customers via electronic mail. You can learn more about how MailChimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- Facebook - we use Facebook cookies and pixels to help deliver our advertising on Facebook. This means you may see our ads when you use Facebook because you have visited our site in accordance with your Facebook privacy settings. Please visit your Facebook privacy settings to learn more and see here https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- Pinterest - we use Pinterest cookies to deliver ads to you and to find other people who might be interested in our products and show them online ads relating to our products on Pinterest. To learn more about these cookies, please visit your Pinterest privacy settings and also see here https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/personalization-and-data and here https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/personalized-ads-on-pinterest.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You may stop or restrict placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs may not be effective on mobile interfaces. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt-out of certain mobile advertisements via their device settings. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. In addition, you are not permitted to use our Site if you do not meet the minimum age requirement applicable to our Site in your jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information that we share with third parties for marketing purposes and to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with certain of these entities for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at the address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. In your request, please specify that you want “Pareto’s California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.