As we closed the chapter on 2020, we reflected a lot on what we learned, what we’re grateful for, and what we hope to accomplish in the year to come. Woof, 2020 – what a year. When you quit your job to pursue a new dream on the day that most of the country goes into a mandatory stay-at-home order, there are a few (okay, many) moments of panic. In this musing, we’d like to share with you: one thing we learned, two things we’re grateful for, and three things we hope for in 2021.
One thing we learned:
* It goes without saying that we’ve learned more than just this one lesson this year (especially the power of a cost-effective, Zoom headquarters), but we’ll save those for future musings.
Two things we’re grateful for:
1. You, our community! Since Day One, you’ve supported us, engaged with us, and shown us the real power of a fewer, more purposeful mentality. Each fit test session, each email exchange, each DM, each product review, each photo of you styling your Pareto pieces makes all of this worth it. Please keep it coming – we can’t wait to get on the road and meet more of you soon!
2. Our transparent, honest, make-it-happen supply chain partners. To make the best, most ethical, and most environmental clothing, we need to know every hand that touches each piece. But just knowing is not enough – it is crucial to have the right hands, and we definitely do! Pareto would not be possible without our partners, who are willing to do things differently and take a risk on our big vision. We’re so grateful for their craftsmanship and collaboration.
Three things we hope for in 2021:
1. We hope to help you build a wardrobe that has it all. A wardrobe...
- that every piece is worn day after day, season after season, year after year
- that makes it effortless to get ready in the morning (without sacrificing style)
- that moves comfortably with you throughout your day no matter what it entails
- that is easy to care for, looking just as good after the 100th wash
- that you feel proud to put on your body
Fashion should be fun, but it doesn’t have to come at the expense of time, comfort, money, or the environment. This year, we’re committed to bringing you new, timeless essentials, providing you with effortless styling inspiration, and sharing with you stories of amazing women in our community taking on their day with their fewer, more purposeful pieces.
2. We hope to start reshaping the “playbook for new brands,” demonstrating that profitable growth does not have to come from more product, more often. We’ve seen it time and time again – young brands complete a proof of concept and then raise capital to skyrocket growth, chasing every shiny object along the way rather than building a strong, profitable foundation for longevity. We’ve designed an exciting plan to grow Pareto while staying true to our mission of fewer, more purposeful. This year, we’re committed to bringing this plan to life in order to build a strong foundation that sets us up to operate for the long run.
This musing could have turned into a 10 page essay, but we’ll spare you (for now!). We can’t wait to see what 2021 holds – for you and for Pareto.
As always, we’d love to hear from you in the comments below – what have you learned from 2020, what are you grateful for, and what are your hopes for 2021?